Security devices are perhaps your greatest assets. They determine the safety of all the other assets that you possess. In this regard, it’s important that you go for the best there is.
So how can you pick the cream of the crop when it comes to security cameras with alarm/siren? The market is saturated with tons of models to pick from. However, it would not be safe to say “you are spoilt for choice”.
Why? because most companies are out to make a profit at the expense of quality. To guide your selection, we have come up with this comprehensive review of 5 best security cameras with an alarm/siren.
We have considered all the nitty-gritty of the tech that comes with home security cameras. For example, more than just security reasons, our list puts into consideration your comfort and personal preferences.
Take the two-way audio feature for instance. It enables you to hold conversations with someone who is outside. You can even crack jokes with your deliveries person, all from the comfort of your couch.
Sounds convenient, doesn’t it? That’s just one of the many things that you could consider when choosing your security camera. There are many more features that distinguish each model from the next. Now, without further ado, let’s get down to the best part – the review itself.
Ring Stick Up Security Camera
This model brings ultimate security, efficiency, and user-friendliness to the table. With full HD (FHD) capabilities and night vision, it delivers crisp footage in all lighting conditions.
Reasons to Buy the Ring Stick Up Security Camera
- Clarity of vision: this is key when picking a security camera with a siren. The Ring Stick Up Security Camera does not disappoint at that. With its 1920 x 1080p (FHD) video resolution, you will be able to pick out even the most subliminal detail. This feature works regardless of the time of day thanks to the camera’s night vision feature. It’s built with infrared technology to ensure that vigilance does not go down when the sunsets.
- Two-way-audio: the surveillance camera allows you to not only see but also speak with people who are outside. You can do so through your phone, tablet or PC. The person on the other end will hear you clearly and respond through the camera itself. With this kind of technology, your home will not just be safe but cool as well. Along with the 2-way audio is, of course, the in-built siren sound!
- Compatibility with Alexa: besides your phone, tablet, and PC, the Ring Stick Up Security Camera is also compatible with Alexa. So it not only keeps an eye on you but also heeds audio instructions, thanks to Alexa synchronization. You can launch or turn off the surveillance camera through Alexa.
- Ease of installation: the installation has never been as easy as it is with the Ring Stick Up Security Camera. It comes with all the necessary tools for installation and uses right off the bat. This is an activity that you can undertake within minutes, and you won’t need to call “the guy”.
- Small and easy to conceal; it measures just 3.8 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches.
- An optional premium plan for recording, storing and sharing footage
- Cloud storage provides a safe storage location for your footages.
- Viewing angle of 1150 allows for a wide coverage
- Powered by a removable battery
YI Outdoor Security Camera
This is rated among the best security cameras with an alarm or siren! Rightfully so because it’s designed for emergency scenarios. Besides offering FHD footage, this unit boasts 2.4G wireless technology, a deterrent alarm, motion sensor and so much more.
Despite its technological sophistication, you will find this cam simple to use.
Reasons to Buy the YI Outdoor Security Camera with Siren
- Emergency tool: this model from YI stands out because it has an optional 24/7 emergency response service. Basically, it can alert Noon Light’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers whenever there’s a security incident. In turn, they coordinate with the police, fire department and EMS to ensure that the situation is handled in a timely manner. *Certain countries only.
- Clear footage: the camera has full HD video resolution of 1080P. Alongside its 1100 viewing angle, it offers crystal clear footage during the day and at night.
- Universal ball mount: for one this mounting system makes it easy to install your YI security camera. More importantly, you can position it to face any direction you desire. And it can rotate, so you won’t be stuck with just one view.
- Night vision: at night you can view up to 50 feet away thanks to the camera’s 12 infrared LED beads. They ensure a splendid performance in low lighting conditions.
- Cloud storage: your footage’s safety is yet another aspect that the good people at YI had in mind. YI cloud storage (1-month free trial) provides the highest data protection. With this, you have back-up storage in the event that you lose data from the SD card.
- Two-way audio: two-way communication (by itself) has become pretty standard in security cameras. However, in this model, it comes with a 3600 hypersensitive microphone that cancels out the noise. It basically filters out excess noise from the environment, letting you communicate with the person on the other end effectively.
- Waterproof, which allows surveillance regardless of the weather.
- The motion sensor sends notifications to your phone/pc when the camera detects movement.
- 10-foot cable makes it possible to install this camera where it’s convenient regardless of distance from a power source.
- Uses iOS and Android-compatible app to send motion sensor alerts
- Easy to install
- Siren alert built-in
ieGeek Outdoor Security Camera
Up next is this fairly small unit from ieGeek. It earns a spot among the best security cameras with siren for many reasons. Top on the list is its superb resolution of 1080P, but beyond that, it also excels in connectivity, audio clarity, and siren audibility.
Reasons to Buy ieGeek Outdoor Security Camera with Siren
- Wi-Fi connectivity: this camera comes with a 5dBi Wi-Fi antenna that transmits Wi-Fi signals over a long distance (close to 20 meters). If your biggest concern is hooking your camera to your other tech devices through Wi-Fi, then believe that you won’t go wrong with this security camera. The only downside is that it only supports 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi, not 5Ghz.
- Full HD recording: the video quality is impeccable. It delivers 1920 x 1080P of footage regardless of lighting or weather conditions. That’s down to the 3.6mm lens. And with a 110-degree viewing angle, you can rest assured that the security camera will capture every event in and around the home. Note that you can adjust the lens angle to get a horizontal or vertical orientation. It all depends on your preference.
- Infrared night vision: you are probably wondering if the same clarity of daytime applies for night time. The good news is that it does. This camera’s 36 infrared LED beads allow it to record up to 98 feet or 30 meters away.
- High-quality audio: with a built-in microphone, the camera is basically a two-way intercom that you can use to talk with someone who is on the other end. It’s built with the High Fidelity 2-way audio with anti-noise technology for the clearest audio.
- Motion Detection: This is a fairly common feature in today’s security cameras. However, not many allow you to set specific areas of motion detection. The ieGeek Outdoor Security Camera does. For example, you can set the camera to detect movement around critical areas such as the gate, and not the poolside. This helps avoid false alarms when it is probably just a pet passing by.
- Waterproof aluminum alloy shell withstands rough weather conditions (rated for a temperature range of -100C to 550C)
- Customizable siren sounds. Options include a dog barking. Basically you can set it to any sound that will ward off intruders.
- Supports both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections
- Allows remote access and playback. You can, therefore, monitor from afar, via the camera’s app on phone, tablet or PC.
EZVIZ Outdoor Security Camera
As one of the best security cameras with siren, this model (made by EZVIZ) combines a siren and strobe light. Not many surveillance cameras offer the same. Equally important is that it supports high-quality recording, wireless connectivity, and smartphone compatibility.
Reasons to Buy the EZVIZ Outdoor Security Camera
- Strobe light and siren combo: in addition to a siren (up to 100 dB), this camera triggers a strobe light when motion is detected. They are independent though, meaning you can turn on/off the siren and strobe light separately. During the day, for example, you may want to have the strobe light off and the siren on. Also, the moment the camera detects movement, recording begins automatically and notifications are sent directly to your mobile device.
- Full HD footage: the camera is designed to provide crystal clear FHD videos of 1080p. Built with a 2.8mm lens, this unit allows for a convenient focal length so you won’t have to worry about burglars lurking beyond the field of view.
- Night vision: you also won’t have to worry about nighttime intruders so much. The camera features top-tier infrared technology (ICR infrared filter and anti-reflection panel). This gives it an outstanding ability to record high-quality footage at night. It covers a range of up to 100ft. In other words, even when darkness engulfs, this camera will still find ways to keep an eye on you. Now that’s reliability!
- Two-way audio: as you would expect from a camera of this technology range, the EZVIZ Outdoor Security Camera is equipped with the two-way audio feature. Contrary to other cameras, this one is of Hi-Fi quality. It works with Alexa and therefore gives you voice control capabilities. If you’re not a big fan of Alexa, you can sync the camera with other devices like IFTTT and Google Home.
- Supports cloud storage (with a 1-month free trial) for maximum security of data.
- Water and dust resistant. It can operate at temperatures between -220F and 1400F and a humidity of 95% or less.
- Auto-recording: once the camera detects motion, it starts recording automatically.
- All cloud data is encrypted and transmitted via US-based servers
- Supports microSD storage (up to 256GB)
Reolink Argus 2 Outdoor Wireless Home Security Camera
How about getting a solar-powered security camera that has a siren? With the earth warming at a faster rate than ever, that’s probably the best idea yet. And it’s exactly what you get with the Reolink Argus 2. Besides, it provides crystal clear images and is easy to install.
Reasons to Buy the Reolink Argus 2
- Solar-powered: this is the standout (and perhaps the best) feature of this camera. It actually comes with two powering options (which you hardly find elsewhere). The first option is to plug the battery-powered camera into a universal 5V 2A power adapter. Alternatively, you can go green and let it run on the Reolink Solar Panel.
- Easy to install: in the package, you will find an adjustable magnetic mount for hooking the camera somewhere on the wall. It makes the device easily mountable, whether indoors or outdoors. Plus, you won’t have to drill holes in your wall as you try to find the appropriate position to place it. In addition, it comes with the Reolink app to offer audio setup instructions. You, therefore, don’t need professional assistance in installation. That’s money saved already even before you power up the camera.
- 1080P footage: like almost all the cameras on this list, the Reolink Argus 2 records FHD videos. Its equipped with a 2MP lens that records footage at 15 fps.
- Night vision: boasting 6pcs 850nm Infrared LEDs, this surveillance camera capture smooth and crystal clear footage at night. It has starlight image sensors that allow it to record clear night footage over a 33-foot distance.
- Data safety: the camera allows the use of micro SD cards, both local and external. In fact, you can use an external micro SD card of up to 64GB. On top of that, the Reolink Argus 2 – Outdoor Wireless Camera allows for cloud storage. This is to back up footages for maximum security.
- Low battery notifications notify you when the battery hits 10%
- It allows you to save, playback and even download clips. To download, you will need to go to the Reolink Client on your PC.
- Multiple account viewing and sharing feature allows up to 10 surveillance camera viewers at the same time.
- The built-in motion sensor starts recording automatically when movement is detected.
- Easy to link with your home internet the DIY way. Simply connect the camera to a 2.4GHz wireless router
As you have noticed, each of the above-profiled security cameras with siren comes with features that make them unique.
Depending on personal preference, security concerns and even past experience with surveillance cameras, the above review will help you make a choice that suits you.