It would be best if you did not leave the security of your home to chance, especially in this era. One of the best security measures that you can take to safeguard your property and those who live in it is installing a CCTV camera. Thanks to technological advancements, today, there are solar and battery-powered security camera options that you can rely on.
If you are looking to purchase a battery-powered security camera, you might find yourself in a dilemma. Which is best for you? Especially if a wire-free home is your goal! You could go for a wireless video doorbell, or you could go for a security camera.
- 7 Best Battery Powered Security Camera Options
- 1. StartVision Solar Powered Wireless Home Security Camera
- 2. Ring Stick-Up Battery Security Camera
- 3. SDeter Wireless Rechargeable Security Camera
- 4. Reolink Argus Wireless Battery-Powered Security Camera
- 5. Reolink Argus Eco + Solar Security Camera
- 6. Reolink Argus Pro Wireless Security Camera
- 7. Soliom Bird S60 Outdoor Solar Battery Powered Security Camera
7 Best Battery Powered Security Camera Options
This battery-powered security camera is charged using the solar panel!
This home security camera is one of the best available in the market today. With a solar panel to charge the battery, it is one less thing you need to be concerned about!
Here are the top reasons that you should buy the StartVision security camera.
- This solar-powered security camera is fitted with a rechargeable battery. With this StartVision security camera, you don’t have to worry about high running costs due to high electrical bills. The security camera’s solar panel is adjustable, and, therefore, you can maximize its power.
- The StartVision security camera has night vision capabilities and records up to Full HD 960p for crystal clear picture. Its camera’s infrared motion sensor can view up to 33 feet, thus keep you and your property safe at night.
This home security camera is IP65 weatherproof and waterproof.
- With this camera, you never have to worry about bad weather if you have it installed outside.
- The StartVision camera has a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection that allows for AP hotspot connection mode. This mode allows you to connect your phone to your security camera within a distance of up to 10 meters.
- Supports up to 32GB SD card.
Ring is producing some very awesome equipment, and this battery-powered security camera is exceptional! It is a fully functional indoor, or outdoor camera.
This Ring stick-up security camera is the priciest offering on this list, and it’s for a good reason. If you love revolutionary technology, then you will be okay with this home security camera.
Here are outstanding qualities that make this solar-powered security camera suitable for your home.
- This camera is among the best battery-powered security cameras thanks to its utilization of the new technology. It has the ability to link up to Alexa. This allows for voice control of the camera and can also be connected to other smart devices.
- -68.9° F to 118.4° F operating temperature range. That is great if you are looking for a cold-weather security camera.
- The Ring stick-up camera also has a quick-release battery pack, making the replacement of batteries very easy.
- This home security camera also allows for real-time video and voice transmission to your smartphone wherever you are as long as you have mobile internet. This gives you endless possibilities in keeping your home safe and secure.
- The Ring security camera allows for endless mounting options. You can mount the home security camera on the wall, outside, ceiling, and a flat surface.
This battery-powered CCTV camera is minimalist but has some excellent features!
The first thing that you will notice about this home security camera its minimalistic design. Therefore, it can well be used indoors and also outdoors.
Here is why you should consider it as a battery-powered security camera option:
- This SDeter security camera boasts of a tough waterproof metal shell. This metal shell not only protects the device’s internals from water but also damages from shock. Thus, it’s improbable that you will run into any maintenance costs.
- As one of the best battery-powered security cameras, you can easily install it and effortlessly connect it to your smartphone. You don’t have to worry about additional installation costs once you have purchased this security camera.
- The SDeter home security camera features industry-leading true detect heat and motion sensors with night vision. Thanks to this advanced technology, it allows you to record crystal clear HD videos both day and night.
- The large capacity built-in battery means that the camera will still work when there is no electricity. Its low power consumption also means that it will work longer on its battery.
- Supports up to 128GB SD card.
100% wire-free installation!
The Reolink Argus security camera is excellently and purposefully designed to blend in. This home security camera can be inconspicuously used both indoors and outdoors. These are its best features:
- The Reolink Argus records excellent 1080p FHD video and also has remarkable night vision capabilities. Everything that this video camera records during daytime or nighttime will be crystal clear. You can be sure that no mushy images will come between you and your home security.
- This home security camera has remote-view and two-way talk thanks to its excellent 2.4 GHz WiFi connection.
- The smart PIR motion sensor technology is also a feature of this home security camera. This technology allows the Reolink Argus to detect human movements within its 130-degree view and send real-time alerts.
- In terms of being waterproof, this has an excellent rating (IP65)!
- Supports up to 64GB SD card.
There are a few Reolink cameras on this page, this kit comes with a solar panel to charge the battery.
This is a solar-powered security camera that has been built for reliability above everything else. As the company’s second product on this list, they are clearly committed to quality. Here is why the Reolink Argus Eco is an excellent choice for a security camera.
- This home security camera has an 850 nm infrared LED light that enables it to record a clear 1080p FHD video at night. This infrared LED lighting is suitable for home use as it won’t affect your sleep or your pets.
- The Reolink Argus Eco also features a top-notch solar panel and a long-lasting rechargeable battery. You can use this camera without ever having to connect it to the main power.
- This solar-powered security camera has cloud storage enabled. With cloud storage, you will save the recordings to the cloud. You don’t have to worry about losing crucial video footage due to vandalism.
- The Reolink camera allows for 2-way audio, and thus you can talk directly to any person around it. This feature is perfect for discouraging burglars and trespassers and enhances the security of your home substantially.
- Supports up to 64GB SD card.
This Reolink security camera has a rechargeable battery and is charged using a solar panel!
Here is the Reolink Argus, and as the “Pro” name of this home security camera suggests, this device will bring additional security features to your home.
- This Reolink Argus Pro home security camera features a smart siren and allows for a custom sound. This feature enables you to create custom sirens for your security camera when it detects human movement.
- The home security camera allows for multiple charging methods for its large capacity 5200 mAh battery. Any DC 5V 2A power adapter will do the job. You can even use your phone charger.
- This pro-security camera also features a 2MP camera surrounded by six pieces of 850nm infrared LED to provide excellent night vision. Its CMOS sensor records colorful images even at night, but it is dependant on sufficient lighting.
- Supports up to 64GB SD card.
- The Reolink Argus Pro also allows you to access the camera from anywhere that you are. The remote access feature is vital when you not at home.
Make sure it doesn’t start flapping and fly away!
It’s easy to mistake the Soliom security camera for a flying bird, thanks to its beautiful design. This solar-powered security camera is clearly for outdoor use. Here’s why you might want to consider it.
- This home security camera has a full IP66 weatherproof rating.
- It has a wide operating temperature range of between -4 degrees Fahrenheit and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Awesome cold weather security camera!
- The camera is also easy to install in any area of your home. The app allows you to monitor your home security through live video anytime remotely.
- The Soliom S60 also features an accurate motion detection sensor and alarm. With this camera, you don’t have to worry about pets or other animals triggering alarms, only humans.
- This home security camera also has an advanced day and night vision that allows for 1080p Full HD recording.
- The camera has 5 top-quality glass lenses that guarantee unbeatable images.
When it comes to choosing which best battery-powered security camera suits your needs, you should not compromise.
The general rule of thumbs is that large security cameras are best suited for the outdoors. The minimalistic cameras are best for indoors.
There won’t be many benefits to buy a solar-powered security camera and place it indoors and vice versa. Depending on your needs, you can find the security camera you need on this list.
If you are on a budget, check here for some cheap security camera options.